Translate This Page
A Personal Journey (Speech)
Author: Mohammed Nazari
Please find the link to the YouTube videos below
Part 1: https://youtu.be/A4BzmJ7jwOg
Part 2: https://youtu.be/JufeK2G-U8E
- It is amazing, when you have a big "goal" in mind, most other big "problems" look like small "challenges"
- Education in Canada is more practical than in the east which is more theoretical. After all you can find the theory in books or online, without needing to go to school.
Reasons for my failure as an employee:
1. Higher Canadian standards and sensitivity level
2. My defensive behavior
- Blaming your behavior or action does not mean blaming you as a person
- One for all, All for one
3. Inability to be honest with my own feelings
- Pride that has no basis, doesn't allow you to be honest.
4. Canadian are too polite to be honest
- If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything
- Read between the lines
- Knowledge of higher/different Canadian standards and simply following versus questioning them
- Longer orientation
- Welcoming comments and asking for further explanation versus defending our self
- Being honest with our feelings and abilities:
o Acknowledging your weakness is a sign of honesty and makes you stronger.
- Asking versus commenting:
o Don't assume, ask question
o Don't comment, ask question
o Don't judge, ask question
o When in doubt, ask question
o When you think you know, ask questions to clarify
o Comments are not welcome, questions are
· What kind of question?
1. Open ended and unbiased questions
2. Yes-No questions to clarify
When you have a car problem whom you ask for help? your Doctor, mother or mechanic.
Although this question seems silly, we make this mistake all the time, asking a professional question from people outside of that profession and building opinions.
- Ask questions from the right person(s). The ones with proven success.
You will learn more from the successful people who can show you how to succeed.
Unsuccessful people can show you how not to fail the way they did.
While the pathways to success are few, there are multiple pathways to fail.
Which one is easier and more effective to learn?
Uncle Google and my cousin YouTube can help you with any questions.
Starting my own business
- In order to have a good society/business, good structure is more important than good people.
- The main sources of work/interpersonal problems are: communication and expectations.
- Interpersonal skills are not just talking nicely but much more importantly is to follow a structure and framework, even if it is not the best structure.
- Having a poor structure is better than having no structure
I would I would recommend that you ask my uncle and cousin, Google and YouTube, about the following:
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Yes-No question
- Open ended question
- how to be honest with oneself
After all My success and happiness depends on your success and happiness.
Let us make life better for all of us.